Discipleship is about loving and following Jesus. Disciple-making is when we intentionally meet with others to help them love and follow Jesus more deeply. Our goal is that every member of our church is being discipled and making disciples.
Simple steps to start BEING discipled
1. Pray (ask God to help you find someone to disciple you)
2. Look around (your Community Group, ministry team, others at church)
3. Ask somebody (invite someone to lunch or coffee and ask them to disciple you)
Simple steps to start MAKING disciples
1. Pray (ask God to lead you to those who don't know him)
2. Look around (what neighbors or co-workers might need to hear the gospel, or what church members might need to be discipled?)
3. Build relationships (befriend others who are outside the church)
4. Share the gospel (this video or this article might be helpful)
5. Invite to meet up (ask someone to start spending intentional time together to grow in loving and following Jesus together)
Basic elements of discipleship MEETINGS
1. Pray (spend time connecting with God together)
2. Read (spend time reading and discussing God's word together, or going over some kind of Bible study material or curriculum)
3. Respond (spend time responding to God's word by confessing, repenting, worshiping, and exhorting each other to keep loving and following Jesus during the week)
When starting a discipleship relationship with someone, we recommend beginning with our Created for a Purpose material, which is an 8-week meeting guide that covers some core aspects of our identity and purpose as humans and Christians. For reference, there are also some sermons that go along with this material that you can listen to.