ECC Newsletter 1-29-21
Our 4th Birthday and Free Lunch at Archie’s or Dear Diary!
Hey church family, I hope you’re having an awesome week of worship! I miss and love y’all and CAN’T WAIT to start meeting in person again THIS SUNDAY for our 4th birthday as a church!
FREE LUNCH TO CELEBRATE 4 YEARS
If you’d like to stay after the service to hang out, we would love to bless you with FREE LUNCH from Archie’s BBQ (food truck in our parking lot) or Dear Diary (vegan coffeehouse and deli across the street). Just let either one of them know you’re with ECC and your meal will be covered. There are picnic tables outside in our parking lot so we can safely eat together! Let’s celebrate together!
Following the example of Nehemiah’s commitment to prayer, our elders have intentionally been praying and fasting for our church as we enter into this next season as a church. Here’s what our elders are praying for our church as we begin to meet again and move into our 5th year together. . .
- Holland: I pray that this year we would see the Lord stir our hearts for him and for one another—that we would know Jesus more deeply than we ever have, and that we would connect with and care for each other more than we ever have. Seeking the Lord daily. Praying and fasting. Sharing each other’s burdens. Being family to one another. Being genuine friends. Building each other up. And I pray that our love for God and one another would overflow to our community as we serve our neighbors on the Eastside. I pray that our heart of service, mercy, and compassion would be reinvigorated and that we would each do our part in contributing to the work of God’s kingdom as we see the Lord do amazing things through Big Fish Club, FUZE, Camp Nikos, the BAGS ministry, and the Lifeline Pregnancy Resource Center. I pray that our church would grow deep and wide this year, and that God’s grace would abound in ways we can’t imagine!
- Drew: My prayer for the church this year is that marriages and family bonds would be strengthened and couples and families will capitalize on that strength to go out and serve other families that need help. I'm praying for unity and strong fellowship and relationships between church members as we start coming back together. Finally, I'm praying for strong leadership to develop among men and women within the church to meet growing needs in our church, the surrounding community, and Austin.
- Justin: I'm praying for our church to overcome the difficulty of lack of community to turn toward one another in ways that are uncomfortable. I pray that just like Christians of old were known for sacrificing their comfort and even their lives during past pandemics, I pray that we would similarly sacrifice to provide community to others and maintain what connection we can. I also pray for those that might be drifting away, that we would have compassion for those who are struggling and reach out to them.
Want to get connected or serve?
- Community Groups: Community Groups are still meeting online and/or in person on Monday and Tuesday evenings, so let us know if you’d like info on how to join one!
- Big Fish Club: Help with Big Fish Club by coming 4:30-5:30pm on Thursday’s to make some kits that will be delivered to children and families on the Eastside!
- Food Pantry: We need someone to come 1-2x per month to help clean and organize the food pantry where we store food that is delivered to families in need through the BAGS ministry.
- Pregnancy Center: The Lifeline Pregnancy Resource Center needs volunteers to help during the day to meet with women who come into the center, or to help clean and organize the baby boutique.
- FUZE: The FUZE youth ministry is in need of a few additional male volunteers to help lead small groups during FUZE on Wednesdays 6-8:30pm.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions or you’re interested in serving or volunteering!
- Catch last week’s sermon here: https://fb.watch/3jRkmijcmx/